Sunday, February 3, 2013

Little Sparrow

Can you hear me?
Can you hear my voice?

"Yes, I can hear your voice."

Oh little sparrow,
Perched up above.
Why do you cry so?
Why is your song so sad?

"It is because I fear and doubt."

 What is it that you fear?
"I fear the unending sky."

What is it that you doubt?
 "I doubt what's beyond the horizon."

  I can understand you.
"Can you truly understand me?"

  Yes, for I was once like you.

What is it that you crave?
 "I crave for the unending sky."

What is it that you wish to know?
"I wish to know what's beyond the horizon."

  Why then don't you take flight?
 "For I fear falling upon the ground."

  I can understand you.
 "You understand me?"

Yes, as I was once like you.

Oh little one,
 You, whose song is filled with
 Nightmares and illusions,
 By what means were you scarred?

What has made you doubt
The beauty of this world?
 What has made you reject
The song of this world?

I shall show you that the world
  Is not as cruel as you think.
 Come, spread your wings
And take flight.

Fear not the pain of falling
For I shall catch you if you do.
I only wish for you to reach out
Towards the sky you longed for.

Come, hear my song.
 For it was forged not from light,
But the very same darkness
That you face right now.

Fear not of the endless sky,
 For it does not represent uncertainties.
But embrace it,
For it represents countless beginnings.

  Please, oh little sparrow,
Spread your wings and soar.
Listen and trust in this song
As I was once clad in shadows
Just like you.

Even just once,
Let your feathers flutter in the wind
 And soar high, beyond sight,
 Up above the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come hither and let me listen to the woes of your soul.