Sunday, December 9, 2012

Blood Red Rose


That one day. During that autumn day.  Trees coloured brown and gold littered the place. The sad, melancholic autumn breeze danced through the trees, picking up leaves and circled around the two.. 

She was lying on the cold, hard ground. He was clutching her hand. He could feel the warmth leaving her hands. And no matter what he did, he couldn't stop the bleeding on her chest. He was calling out to her. He was telling her to hang on. Telling her not to go.. But he knew his words weren't reaching her. 

She looked at him and smiled. He could see the light slowly fading away but he couldn't believe that and he wouldn't. She brought her hand up to his face. He winced at how cold her hands had became. She whispered to him that everything was going to be alright. She whispered to him comforting words. He could feel tears rolling down his cheek. 

She took out a rose from her bloodied clothes, placing it close her heart. He realized that it was the rose he gave her sometime after they met. It was to signify her beauty. It was to signify her elegance. It was to signify his feelings for her. Tears rolled down her cheek as she reminisced about the times they shared together, the feelings they shared.It was all going to disappear soon. She smiled sadly as blood flowed onto the rose. 

He wished he could turn back time. He wished that he had protected he like he promised. He cursed himself for his weakness. He felt her heartbeat becoming faint. He knew the time was near. Knowing but unable to do anything but watch helplessly. Fear gripped him. Fear shackled him. In his mind, nothing. In his heart, pain. Anger. Sadness. She looked at him. She watched him fight with himself. Then...she spoke. 

"Its okay. Just forget about me. I don't want to see you in pain because of me. Don't let my passing hold you down when you have much to see. To hear. And to feel"  
He looked at her, shocked by her words, to which he replied. 
"But I can't! You are someone important to me. You were the only person to make my heart skip. You were the only one who could take my breath away. You were the only one who's on my mind. I just can't...Without you, I don't want to keep livi-". She placed a finger onto his lips and smiled. She placed the rose in between them. He then looked upon the rose, remembering just how beautiful, elegant, graceful it is. Just like her.  

"Close your eyes and remember." she whispered. "Remember the day you gave me that rose and tell me what did you felt that day."  

"That day. By that cliffside. I heard your voice. I heard your song. I followed it through the dark path. I was enchanted from that point on. I felt your voice guiding me." 

"And then, I saw you. Dancing merrily under the stars. As the moonlight shone through your flowing hair. You had me mesmerized. My thoughts were empty save for one thing, you." 

She smiled. She then whispered, "I was lost. I was broken. That song I sang? Was a song of hope. A prayer for guidance. For days and months I stood up upon that cliff, wishing that my prayer will be granted." 

"And that was when you appeared. From that forest of nothingness, as though you were my dreams materialized. As though you were the knight I've always hoped for. With the rose in hand, you held me close. I felt your warmth. That day, you whispered in my ears the words I've always longed for, 'I have found you.' " 

"Then...this will be good bye. Go. Explore this vast world. Become the knight for someone precious, whether new or old. If...you can't forget about me, then remember to take the smiles, while I...shall take...the tears." 

And with those last words, she took her last breath. Her eyes shone one last time. Her last heartbeat. And the one and only tear she ever shed. 

He placed her back gently on the ground. Took the rose from her cold hand. He clutched it close to him heart and whispered, " I will be no one's knight, but yours." With emptiness and darkness within his eyes, he left. Gone to wander the world, with only that blood red rose by his side. 

I can only remember and love you... 
For as long I live.........


I won't forget your sacrifice...         

Good-Bye.....         


Till we see each other again..... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From a painful vivid dream I had, I made a poem. From that poem, I made this story. This is how exactly my dream went. I wrote the story version because because I felt the poem version will not be enough to visualize and create the emotions of that dream. Any critiques will be much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I liked reading this, though the language can be worked on in a few parts. Grammar, Syntax.etc

    Other than that, not bad. Really sad. Which is good.

    ReplyDelete

Come hither and let me listen to the woes of your soul.