Sunday, September 30, 2012

Of endings, new beginnings and tech stuffs

Hey yo everybody, let's all get down! It's the D.A.N and I be the baddest around~

Sooooo~ I'm back. Finally. Well... Simply because~ I'm finished with work! Woo! 7 months in the company gone just like that! Now I have about... 2 weeks before school starts? Its not so bad I guess...

So. On the 2nd last day of work...which was the 27th of Sept, the company went and had a farewell dinner/ get to know dinner as the two new interns that are replacing me and Akidah (who is also working for you who can't figure it out) would be joining us. Halfway through the meal and then, it happened! What happened?


 This happened!! I got not only a prezzie~ But a card too! They spelt my name correctly! I was happy! T.T
Unwrap in and.... Tada!



ITS A MUG WITH MY NAME ON IT!! NOW NO ONE CAN ARGUE ABOUT THE CUP NOT BEING MINE!! MUAHAHA!!

_____________________________________________________

Well now that the ending was over... Onto last Friday! So The new interns, Kumar and Zen came in.

We got 'em oriented, got 'em briefed, got 'em some tools. Why you ask? Weeeeeell... Just scroll down and see :x
....
.....
...
..........
...


TADA!! What are they doing? Simple... SMASHING HARD DRIVES!!! Woo!! What a way to end my day and to start theirs! Why are they doing this? Its pretty simple really.

Ahem... *Geek mode on* You know... When you wanna throw away old computers? Yeah... There's actually a procedure to it. Normally people just throw out or at most reformat yeah? Its bad. Why? 

People can scavenge the hard disk, bring 'em to a professional and actually retrieve the data. Le gasp! Oh no! But what can they do? Err... Folks. Unless you don't save your username and passwords on the comp, which I highly doubt you don't, people can make use of that for very... devious stuff.

Wait! I reformatted no? Isn't it safe? Well... No. Reformatting actually doesn't destroy/override the data. I would explain the details but I doubt most of ye understand :/ Just know that it doesn't, alright?

Well in that case Dan oh Mr. Know-it-all, what do you suggest?

Oi oi oi! What's your tone mister! As a matter of fact, I DO know what is going on. You can go about it in a few ways.
1) Get a professional to purge the data
2) Do the data purging using software by yourself
3) Smash the damned hard drive.

Option 1) is for you rich and hopeless people who reaaaaally can't be bothered doing tech stuff like this. I mean really? If you can spend hours trying to learn that dance of yours, why not spend a few minutes to learn  how to data wipe? Its easy!

Option 2) is more for the tech savvy or the hardworking ones who rather trust themselves than some other weirdo with glasses to do it. I mean, why let someone else do it and he gets to sneak off with my info without me knowing? I'm darn right gonna do it myself! Why? Coz I'm a man!... Or a geek. Perfect if you wanna donate that old PC somewhere~ Oh you good guy you!

Option 3) Is perfect for people who have anger issues. I mean... If you had to resort to this option, I think you have a really pathetic PC and should feel bad and get a better one! 
If you really have to get to this option coz 1) you don't have money or 2) don't have time to learn, this way is perfect! Though it means the hard disk becomes irreversibly useless... But hey! No more pesky hackers!
________________________________

Which brings back to Friday... And since I can't get a professional since I don't know any, and because I kept forgetting to get the data wipe software, I went with Option 3) ! And below, thou shalt bear witness to what be the wrath of Dan and the Interns!
....
...
...
...
...


Three hard disk stood up against us, and three hard disk fell to our might! Here you bear witness to the corpse of when we were done cracking them with our overwhelming might! *cough* hammers *cough*



Just to show ye that we broke the chips on these guys. I swear, for something designed to contain data, its pretty brittle... :/



Yeah... Zen did this. Like... She cleared everything and anything that could be cleared. I swear, seeing how through she could be, makes me worried to NOT piss her off. Haters beware!

____________________________________________


Well that's all for today folks! I am currently embarking on a project called Pack to Deck on Tableflip. Head on over there to get an idea of the mischief I'm gonna be up to soon~ :3

See ya around yo! Astryte smashing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come hither and let me listen to the woes of your soul.