Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Of music, soap and cards

So.... So...!! I added a few new features to this blog! Like... two of my favourite Hymms!! Trying to see if I find more and squeeze it in :D

I'd make in autoplay if I could figure out why the code doesn't work... That and because, I have read from a veteran blogger that autoplaying music is actually bad for the readers. Why? Okay imagine this. There you are happily surfing the web and listening to your favourite song. Then you come across this interesting blog. Suddenly, you hear a blast of noise that doesnt seem to come from your own music (e.g. Like you'd be listening to classical suddenly screamo appears. Like what. the. foxtrot.)

Also, if for example, you wanted to take a break at work and you went to a friend's blog for the funny things that happened to him, suddenly, you remembered two things. 1) His blog autoplays songs, 2) You did not mute your speaker. Now everyone in office knows that you're slacking about when they are all working their eyes out. Tsk tsk... Naughty person, you are huuuh? >:)
______________________________
Speaking of funny things... My brain is getting more wonky by the day. Like... Now it has come to the point that I'd immediately forget what I was doing and had done at that exact point of time. Like what do I mean, you ask? Like this.

So... I blanked out while in the showers... When I returned back to reality. I was facing a dilemma. Did I was my face or shampoo my hair?? WAS THE SOAP I USED TO SHAMPOO MY HAIR ACTUALLY MY FACIAL WASH?!?! Yeah... That kind of situation. So I stood there trying to remember what soap did I use... And lo and behold! I remembered after.... what. A few minutes of trying hard to remember...? Yeap. Ladies and gentlemen, my mind is officially that troubled. Heck! I couldn't even remember what I had for dinner last night! Uhh... It was.... Erm... It was..... Ahhh!! IT WAS....!! ....... I DON'T KNOW!!! *Brain explodes*
______________________________
... Moving along. I also added a link tab (which I should had done a long time ago... I cant remember all the blogs I visited! D: ). For now... there is but one option. "Team Tableflip". What is that?! A team created to flip tables?! Haha! I wish it was that easy... No. Team Tableflip is actually a Singaporean based Magic The Gathering team that I am in. What is MTG? It is a card game that has been around for as long as I can remember. Unlike most TCGs (Trading Card Games) liek Yu-Gi-Oh and stuff, MTG actually has a very solid fanbase. So solid, that its been around since... 1999? Maybe earlier? Where most card games die out due to it being just a fad, MTG has withstood the test of time and in fact, released multiple editions of the game already.

And you would think that a game this old would probably be filled with professionals already? Well... I would say... Not really no. Despite the age of the game, it is, in fact, actually still attracting new players to join! While there are indeed professionals out there, they are probably out-numbered to the number of players who play it casually. As there are multiple formats to the game, the numbers are spread out even more so. And the format that Team Tableflip specializes on is called "Modern".

The purpose of making this blog for the Team was actually to help newbies coming into the "Modern" format, foreign players to understand and know what's going on the in Singapore Metagame and probably as a news/refresher/update to the experienced players. What is "Modern" you ask? Heh. Why not click the link and head over? For now, it is still in the "Alpha" stage so, it is lacking in content. But that is... for now. Soon... We will rule the worl- I mean have so much data you'd drown in it!

My job over there? Well... Simply to get connected with the newbies in the field. Why? Simple. Because I am a newbie myself! My job is to provide a newbie perspective to the world that is Magic such that newbies entering won't be so lost~ So to keep an eye out for my posts yeah! :)
_____________________________

Well that's all for today. Well excuse me if the post today is rather dull because as of late, I don't go out much so I don't get to experience much... Work work~ Haha! Till next time!

Dan Astryte tapping out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come hither and let me listen to the woes of your soul.