Wednesday, September 12, 2012

World of Black

In this void was just you and me.

Separated by an invisible entity.

That sad look on your face is

The reason I wish to break free.


So that I can hold you in my arms.

So that I can hear your gentle voice again.

I tried to break down the wall in between us.

But I can't even leave a mark on the glass.


Everyday you look at me with those forlorn eyes.

How I wish I could fill them with hope.

Through the glass, I can't feel your warm hands.

Why did destiny had to separate us like this?


So that I can feel the touch of your fingers.

So that I can feel your breathing.

I will try to break down the walls of fate.

But my fist barely scratched the glass.


I can't remember how we're trapped in this cage.

Everyday shadows consume me.

All that's keeping me from falling is

The memories that we had already made.


In this dark world,

All our dreams left broken.

In this dark world,

All our wishes left unspoken.


Tears rolled down your cheeks,

I feel your pain through the glass.

Just so I can wipe away your tears,

Even when my arms bleed,

I will reach out to you.


In this world where space warps around us,

In this world where time isn't a constant.

Hoping my fist will resound in this silence.

Slowly the glass cracks.


Through the cracks I can hear your voice.

Singing the hymn of hope.

As your song reverberates through this world,

Gently, the world is painted white.


You, whom I promised to walk with forever.

You, whose hand I'd never let go ever.

You, whom I vowed to love eternally.

You, whose smile I will fight for unfalteringly.

These flames helped me push through the wall.


This world gradually being bathed in this white light.

The black pieces shattering and falling.

You crying in my arms.

Your tears filled with warmth.

Your lips melted away all my sorrow.

I looked up at the azure sky and smiled.

Embracing you, as this world of black crumbles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come hither and let me listen to the woes of your soul.