Thursday, April 4, 2013

Last love song


______________________________________
Is this our last farewell?
Is this our last greeting?
Seeing your sad smile,
What can I do but face the truth?

Then let's go my love.
Instead of leaving this in sadness,
Let us dance it away.
Let's leave with our happiness.

Shall we recall
All the times that, in silence
We held hands together.
The lingering warmth of your hand
It's much if I asked for it
One more time?

I remembered when we first met
On that cold autumn morning.
My gaze couldn't leave you.
You who stood across from me.

The smile you gave
When you caught my gaze,
Melted away the frosted mask
That covered my face?

Because of you,
I found a reason.
A reason to mold my future.
A reason to always smile.
A reason to love.

Hey,
Would this be our last dance?
Under the starry sky we waltzed,
By the seaside we gazed
Upon the black horizon.

Would this the last chance
That I will feel your reassuring presence?

You said our love was like a candle,
Slowly melting away
As time passes.

Then, before it dies,
Would you grant me one final wish?
Remember when you used to sing love
From beneath the cherry blossom?
One more time,
Let me hear you sing.

Let me feel happiness.
Let me feel sadness.
Let me feel the bitterness.
Let me feel the sweetness.

One more time,
Write for me a song.
So that when we part,
The final memories I have of us,
Will be that of our last love song.
_______________________________________

So I found a new song from one of my favorite artist, KOKIA. The title of the song, Last Love Song. So just by the title, I decided to write something. Initially tried to make something of a bittersweet feel, but it looks like it ended up being, well, sweet.

This piece was done in a "rush". I was also testing myself as to how well would my works become if I set a time limit to complete it the moment I had the inspiration. For this piece, it was just one day. Supposedly, I seem to do better when I take the time to finish something instead of rushing it as this pieces was rather...vague, to say the least.

And here is the video of the song, just for your listening~

Hope you enjoyed this song, which to me, had that nice tinge of gentleness to it. And as always, critique is much appreciated~

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful it hurts. It's breaking my heart :'(

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Come hither and let me listen to the woes of your soul.