Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It starts with one thing...


I don't know why but this ain't a Linkin Park song,fyi! Naaah!! What I'm talking is about all the little things in life we talk for granted. It always the little things that become awesome when you piece 'em together.

Like wearing your favorite piece of clothing. Like listening to your favorite song on repeat. Or when its the weather you just love. We don't see anything special with them, individually. But, what if you put all three together? Its... Just... Awesome. Really. Enough said.

Okay. So. There I was. After work. Walking from my workplace,wearing my fedora hat. Listening to my fav song, on repeat all the way home, mind you. As I walked down the slope to the road ahead, the wind suddenly picked up. My key strap was flowing like a cape in the wind. Leaves circled and blew past me. As I walked down the slope. Felt like I was in a movie. And what scene doesn't have an awesome BGM? And this was the song I was listening to.


EXEC_PAJA/.#Misya extracting. from the game series Ar Tonelico (sang by Akiko Shikata)



Yes. I felt awesome. Like I was going down into the depths of darkness to fight the final boss or something.
It was more awesome that the falling leaves kept swirling about me till I reach the bus stop. It was like I that was my power. That was my shield. That I was unstoppable. (All hail fantasy!!).

____________________________________________________________


Two stops away. I was on the train back home. It started raining. This time, another song was on repeat.



EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. from Ar Tonelico (sang by Akiko Shikata)




As the train got closer and closer to my stop, the rain became heavier and heavier. It was as though the sky was crying. Walking under the rain. Each drop beating down on me. The drops run down my cheeks like tears. But I still walked on. Ignoring the weight of my clothes getting heavier. Ignoring the coldness biting into me. Just to reach home. Into the warm embrace of my bed...
_____________________________________________________________________

See? Its simple to make even the simplest of things awesome if you put 'em together with storytelling!! Now go out there, make an ordinary story extra-ordinary!! Its fun and you have nothing to lose! You'd learn to gain a new appreciation to all the little things that you used to ignore! Till then, Astryte out!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Come hither and let me listen to the woes of your soul.